FACEBOOK          TWITTER          INSTAGRAM          YOUTUBE          PINTEREST          PINTEREST

Friday 28 December 2018

UPDATE - December 2018


Hello everyone! It's been a while, hasn't it? I didn't intend for my little hiatus to be so long but I assure I'll get one more game up before the end of the year. Read on to hear my plans for next year.

So, outside of work and family, I guess the main reason for such a long gap is that I spent my October paycheck on some new AAA games. I usually wait until the price goes down but there have been some excellent titles this year. I got so obsessed with Insomniac's Spider-Man that 100 per-cented it. Then I did the same for God of War. A few weeks later, Red Dead Redemption II came out and now I can't go out in the sunlight as my body's no longer protected against UV rays. And I received Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Persona 5 for Christmas which bodes well for the future...


Anyway, I have a plan for this secluded Chamber of mine. Starting in the New Year, after I've compiled my Top-10s I'm going to post a random selection of games each month in addition to my regular, if sporadic, full reviews. These will feature 5 games complete with my easy-to-use installers. They won't contain my usual opinions and wafflings but only a brief synopsis and/or first impressions. I also won't go searching around to source hard-to-find manuals or art books to scan which I sometimes do (and can take some time to complete). I won't necessarily play these games a whole lot or spend much time testing them (let me know of any major problems) but rest assured, the ones that really pique my interest will get the full treatment when I have the time to do them. This way I can release a number of games without working on some of the more time-consuming elements.

I will have at least one full review out before the end of the year (a massive compilation - another reason for a delay) and January will officially be catch-up month. Among the games, you'll be seeing musicians in space, superhero shenanigans, and more weird edutainment.

But before all that, Merry belated Christmas and here's to 2019!


paypal.me/collectionchamber
DONATE TO THE CHAMBER


5 comments:

  1. Hi. First of all. This place is is a goldmine!!! Iv been a Mac user since early 90´s and have thousands of old games that stopped working,but by using WINE and that your installers puts Dosbox in the wrappers makes em work perfectly Im really looking forward to new old games. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to bug you with this again, but would we see Montezuma's Return in 2019? Thanks for all the great games that are otherwise hard to come by nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's likely. It might not get a full review, but now that I'm doing the 5 mini-posts a month thing, it's likely to show up.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for continuing to be rad and updating this site; I check it roughly once a month and almost always find an old childhood favorite or curiosity.

    ReplyDelete