FACEBOOK          TWITTER          INSTAGRAM          YOUTUBE          PINTEREST          PINTEREST

Sunday 3 January 2016

UPDATES - JANUARY 2016 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Happy New Year! It's a few days late, I know, but man have I been busy. In fact, it's not just festivities that kept me occupied this Christmas period, but some Windows 10 woes has meant that this humble hobby site has been left by the wayside. Anyway, I'm free of crashes and commitments for a short while so read on to find out more including what's coming up in the next few weeks...

I had a lot planned throughout December. I wanted to celebrate both Christmas and Star Wars by having a series of titles based on board games. I managed to get Star Wars Monopoly up, but then tragedy struck... my hard drive containing almost 3tb of backed up games, music and movies died. I still have the physical discs around but years of archiving and organising has disappeared.

What caused this death in my digital family: Windows 10 Updates, that's who. Windows 10 has a habit of downloading and installing updated without telling you. There was a rather large one at the beginning of December which kept failing and re-downloading making my desktop crash. I had no idea why. After too many failed troubleshooting attempts, I took to the internet for research. It turns out that if you have an external hard drive plugged in, it can cause issues when Windows 10 wants to update. If you're very unlucky (like I am), it can also kill that hard drive.

Anyway, enough of that and on to the games. Those I was planning will be coming in the next few weeks.

STAR WARS CHESS

You got a glimpse of what I was intending with my Star Wars Monopoly review, which would lead on to this other title from a galaxy far far away.

ATMOSFEAR

This was to be my rather ironic choice for Christmas Day. I had the board games one Christmas in the early 90s when it was a thing for a while so while it may not look it, it's Christmassy to me.

CLUEDO

Cluedo, known simply as Clue in most other territories is another classic game that stood the test of time. This FMV game would've seen in the New Year.


Beyond these titles, I would've got to work on some requests and a Windows game I've been excited to add for some time now. Before all this, though, keep your eyes peeled for my thoughts on my favourite games and movies of the year just past.

Until then, Happy New Year!

Biff

No comments:

Post a Comment